Las Cruces Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with Las cruces pedestrian accident lawyers for Free
Accidents between motor vehicles and pedestrians are truly scary situations. A pedestrian may simply be crossing the street, when out of nowhere a vehicle strikes them. Pedestrian accidents can lead to devastating injuries and may even be fatal.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, there are approximately 4,000 pedestrian deaths and 59,000 pedestrian injuries every year. However safe we may attempt to make our roadways for pedestrians, most pedestrian accidents are actually caused by a driver failing to yield the right of way.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a 100% free case evaluation with our Las Cruces pedestrian accident lawyers.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
The majority of pedestrian accidents occur because of distracted drivers. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Not stopping at stop signs, red lights, or pedestrian cross walks
- Not yielding the right of way to a pedestrian
- Driving above the speed limit in residential, school, or recreational areas
- Distracted driving, such as driving while using a cell phone
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to signal
- Disregarding traffic or weather conditions
Common Injuries Sustained in Pedestrian Accidents
- Broken or Fractured Bones – Unlike motorists, whose vehicles come equipped with safety features such as air bags and seat belts, pedestrians have absolutely nothing to protect them from the force of impact. With the extreme size difference between vehicles and pedestrians, broken or fractured bones are extremely common. In fact, fractured bones are the largest group of injuries suffered by pedestrians in pedestrian accidents.
- Head Injuries – Cyclists have helmets and motorists have seatbelts and air bags. Pedestrians, however, have no such safety measures and when struck may experience serious head injuries. These head injuries may result in concussions, traumatic brain injury, paralysis, or even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries are extremely serious and may result in permanent paralysis, permanently impairing one’s quality of life.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Soft tissue injuries are when trauma occurs to muscles, tendons, or ligaments. A pedestrian struck by a car may suffer these types of injuries from the collision. Examples of soft tissue injuries include contusions, lacerations, sprains, and strains. Soft tissue injuries are the second most common injury from pedestrian accidents.
Recovery Options for Pedestrian Accident Victims
Pedestrians are by far the most vulnerable users of roadways. Injuries caused by motor vehicles to pedestrians can be devastating and permanent.
Victims of pedestrian accidents may not only owed compensation for medical bills for their injuries, but also for pain and suffering, lost wages at work, compensation for disfigurement, and maybe even punitive damages if the driver was especially reckless.
OUR LAS CRUCES PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERS CAN HELP
At Zinda Law Group, our Las Cruces pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of victims get their lives back on track after suffering an injury. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you build the strongest claim possible and pursue maximum compensation for hospital bills, future medical costs, property damage, lost income, pain and suffering, and much more.
Our firm also believes an injury victim should never have to worry about being able to afford excellent legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations, and why you pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our experienced pedestrian accident lawyers in Las Cruces.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.